Friday, January 2, 2009

"In sickness and in health"

I know, I said it....almost 19 years ago...."for better or worse, in sickness and in health", but I never knew what that was gonna mean.

Glenn and Chase got back from DC on Tuesday. That Tuesday afternoon, something told me (the HOLY SPIRIT) to run Chase in to the dr. He had a bad dry cough, no fever, but felt really B-A-D. When I asked for the flu test, he told me it probably wasn't the flu since there had been no reported cases in this area. (or at least his office) He did it anyway, and you guessed it POSITIVE FOR THE FLU.

Now I don't like my kids to be sick, but there is this weird part of me that knows that is the time I get to be Super Mom and I rise to the occasion. I love taking care of my kids when they are sick. I love fixing for them. I love tending to them. I love praying for them. I like being "Nurse Mom". And as we all can attest, when we are sick, no matter how old we are, all we really want is mom.

Then I got thrown a curve ball. I was sleeping in on Wednesday when Glenn woke me up before he left for work. He told me he really felt rotten. Well, good grief. Don't we all feel rotten every now and then? So, I just entertained his whining and he went off to work. THEN he called to let me know he was on his way to the dr. THEN he called to say he was on his way to the hospital for an x-ray. THEN he called to say he was coming home. That is the very moment when I heard the horror show them song play in my head. OH NO! Not a sick husband!

Well, he came on home and has pneumonia. Before anybody says it, yes, I did feel like c#a*p for brushing him off that morning. He was truly sick. It was the sickest he has been since we have been married. And yes, I tended to him too....and didn't mind. He was a good patient. (he slept alot) It was an odd pleasure to tend to him. I served him. I took care of him. I prayed for him. But I must admit, tending to my children is one that brings me joy. Once again, not joy in their illness, joy in doing for them.

Can you ONLY imagine how our Heavenly Father LOVES tending to us? He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. He LOVES his children and LOVES to be the one we want the most. (like you want your momma when your sick)

Dear God. I pray that I want you more than anything or anybody at anytime. I want YOU to meet my needs. Thank you for caring for me. Amen

PS~everybody is better now!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I changed my blog info. Just in case you wanted to know...
    http://onepartyof5.blogspot.com/
    KDaily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you stay home with Kendal or do you have a job?

    Random, but i was just wondering.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete