Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jesus at the Boys and Girls Club

Most of you know of Kendall's fascination for baby Jesus from the nativty set. She loves it so much that we do not put the unbreakable one up anymore. We leave it out for her enjoyment.
She plays with him often.

The other night Chase had a basketball game at the Boys and Girls Club. We all went to cheer him on. I am learning that with little girls you ALWAYS carry extra stuff. We seem to always end up in the car with a stuffed animal, a baby, a toy or two. Everyone who knows Kendall also knows that she has a special comfort crutch...fuzz. Fuzz is polyfill that she has kept tucked in the palm of her hand ever since she was about 9 months old. No, not the same piece, I buy it by the bags so she usually has clean fuzz. You usually don't know it is even in her hand....but it always is. Well, while we were at the basketball game I noticed her hand and assumed it was only full of fuzz. A few minutes passed and she came up to me and asked, "Mom, can you hold baby Jesus for me?" That is when I realized that yes, baby Jesus had come to the Boys and Girls Club via my little angel. You guessed it, I started thinking.

Where was the last place I took Jesus...maybe for the first time? Who was the last person that I showed Jesus to? Who was the last person I asked, "Do you want to hold Jesus, or better yet, would you like Jesus to hold you?"

Funny thing, that little girl....she is ALWAYS teaching me something.

Dear God.
Remind me to take Jesus to places that He has never been. Remind me to take Jesus to people. Lord, Remind me that some people need to be held by Jesus. In Jesus' name, AMEN.

1 comment:

  1. You are so gifted my friend! Thank you for your thoughts! I love you!

    ReplyDelete