Thursday, January 15, 2009

"This call is being recorded"

We have all called a customer support line and sometimes we even get a live person. More times than not, right before they begin to help you, they quote this disclosure statement, "This call is being recorded for quality assurance purposes". That is so if you say they say something, they will play the conversation back to you and say, "nun un, I didn't say that."

I am starting a Bible study this week and the first week is talking about our tongue. That small hunk of muscle in my mouth that causes most of my trouble. God has a whole lot to say about it. How to use it, not use it, what it should say, what it should not say, and much more. The one thing that grabbed me was:" But I tell you, on the day of judgement men will have to give account for every idle word they speak." (Matt. 12:36) Hummmm, it says EVERY not SOME or a FEW, but EVERY. This means the same thing as "This call is being recorded..." . He knows and will not forget what I say. (and how I say it)

So, since I read this today, I have been pretending that I am being recorded...'cause I am. And I am trying, so hard, to keep that 'lil muscle from getting me into trouble.

3 comments:

  1. This bible study is tough stuff isn't it?

    I'm glad you're doing it too!! Thanks for posting your 'conversations with God'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Bible study are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, friend, I'm right thar withya! I love the parallel to a conversation recorded. Nice.

    ReplyDelete